When we started my journey we asked my Troop Leader,
"How can I change the world, I am only a kid? How can we get people to save water?"
My Troop Leader went to each one of us and asked the following question;
"How many people do you have in your family? How many friends does you family have? People might not want to save water, but if you pick something small they could do they would be willing to save water."
We found out that our troop could effect 437 people and our troop had 5 girls and a 1 troop leader and 1 assist leader.
When we came starting coming close to the end of our journey our leader asked us, "How do you think we could reach out to our community and the world?"
My troop decided to do a water poster to spread the word about our project, this will be hung up at the school we all attend and this helps us reached out to our community.
Because I got help creating and putting this website up I am able to reach out to the world and share what I learned and help the change the world.
Below is a list of things that you do. If I can do all of the things I have put on this website, you can do it too!
What you can do....
1. Instead of filling you glass to the top, you can fill your glass 1/2 full so you don't waste water and if you are still thirsty you can always go back for more.
2. Instead of pouring water down the sink, you can always go and put the water in your pets' water dish or water a pour it into a plant.
3. If you need to get dirt off the sidewalk, instead of using the garden hose you can go get a broom and sweep the dirt away.
4. If you take showers, take a shower 5 minutes shorter than you normally do.
5. If you take baths, don't fill the tub all the way to the top, fill it a little less than 1/2 full
6. Instead of buying throw-a-way water bottles, buy a water bottle that you can keep and just refill.
7. When washing dishes, fill the sink to wash them and turn off the water. Instead of just letting the water run.
8. If you have a dripping faucet, tell an adult so they can fix it. If they can't fix it ask if you can put a cup or bowl under the drip and use that water to put in your pets' dish or in a plant.
9. Don't use the washing machine unless you have enough for 1/2 a load of clothes.
10. Don't leave lights on in a room your not in. Some of our electric comes from companies that use water to make electricity.
For more ideas on how to save water please visit these web sites.
Water us it Wisely (100 ways to save water) Wiki How to save water
Think Quest (Saving Electricity) Conserve Energy
World Water Monitoring Day™ is an international education and outreach program that builds public awareness and involvement in protecting water resources around the world by engaging citizens to conduct basic monitoring of their local water bodies.
In 2010, over 200,000 people in 85 countries monitored their local waterways. Celebrate with us on September 18, or host your World Water Monitoring Day anytime from March 22 until December 31.
To read more about this program, please visit the World Water Monitoring Day
I hope you enjoyed my website! I hope you read it and learned something you didn't know before. I am glad that I finished my website!
Please feel free to go to my comment section and leave me a message!
Girl Scout of Rhode Island Brownie member of troop 498